Our Skill Centre Program is designed to provide players with a fun, social experience, while enhancing their love of soccer and continuing to teach the basic skills and tactics of soccer. Practices will be based on the Skill Centre model where players are split into groups each week, playing a series of games and drills to develop soccer skills. All Skill Centre games will follow the new Skill Centre format, consisting of tournament style games, 3 x 20 minute games for U08/U09 players, and 3 x 25 minute games for U10/U11 players.
- This program will include two sessions per week, one gym session in the Dunbrack area, and one indoor turf session at the BMO Soccer Centre.
- The teams will participate in the Nova Scotia Soccer League. The format for game play will be festival style, hosted weekly by different participating clubs.
- The U8/U9 Skill Centre teams will play 5 v 5, with the teams being selected by the Skill Centre coordinator using guidelines set forth by Soccer Nova Scotia.
- The U10/U11 Skill Centre teams will play 7 v 7, with the teams being selected by the Skill Centre coordinator using the guidelines set forth by Soccer Nova Scotia.
- The program will be 16 weeks in duration, with 6 weeks of programming from November 4 to December 15, and 10 weeks of programming from January 6 to March 12.
- Check the October Game Day schedule to see when you are scheduled to play in October.
- There will be a 2 week training break from December 16 to January 5 for all teams.